Now, see, this is why your husband is the best. :o)
A question, sister dearest: We're having a very belated Thanksgiving party tomorrow. I'm bringing several things for several people who don't have time to cook. Is there anything to do with sweet potatoes besides mashing them with salt, pepper, nutmeg and butter? (I'm trying to go very easy on the sugar, since all the guests are German, and not used to sweet things in their savoury dishes. ;o)) I saw a recipe for maple roasted sweet tatties - would that be good? Or do you have a suggestion?
What we like to do is peel them and cut them into thick fries, and roast them until they get all brown and crisp and caramelized (watch them, because they will burn). Or you can do them in chunks. Turn them occasionally until they get brown on most sides. They don't need much more than salt, pepper and a little olive oil. But they are very, very good friends with maple syrup. And toasted nuts. A molasses or maple-based dipping sauce would be fun if you make fries.
2 Comments:
Now, see, this is why your husband is the best. :o)
A question, sister dearest: We're having a very belated Thanksgiving party tomorrow. I'm bringing several things for several people who don't have time to cook. Is there anything to do with sweet potatoes besides mashing them with salt, pepper, nutmeg and butter? (I'm trying to go very easy on the sugar, since all the guests are German, and not used to sweet things in their savoury dishes. ;o))
I saw a recipe for maple roasted sweet tatties - would that be good? Or do you have a suggestion?
What we like to do is peel them and cut them into thick fries, and roast them until they get all brown and crisp and caramelized (watch them, because they will burn). Or you can do them in chunks. Turn them occasionally until they get brown on most sides. They don't need much more than salt, pepper and a little olive oil. But they are very, very good friends with maple syrup. And toasted nuts. A molasses or maple-based dipping sauce would be fun if you make fries.
Post a Comment
<< Home