Sunday, October 30, 2005

80's Metal Mania

I'm not sure whose jacket it was in one of the upstairs bedroom closets at mom's house. The denim one with all the 80's hair band patches all over it (Rush, Metallica, Anthrax, Motley Crüe, Van Halen, etc.). Bryan? I think not. Scott or Chris? Was it yours? Well, I stole it.

I used it for a Halloween 'costume' for a party I went to last night. I snipped an old sweatshirt until it hung Jennifer Beal-esquishly over one shoulder (looked a hell of a lot better on her) and wore a tank top under it. Sadly (?) I had gotten rid of my suede slouch boots and my pin-striped and acid washed jeans from the 80's, but I twisted a couple of bandanas around my neck and added some vintage 80's tacky, long, bright aqua earrings. I put on the jacket, and I was a hair band groupie off to the latest, greatest concert. I even brought a cigarette lighter for the power ballads.

I tried to make my hair big, but the hot rollers just weren't up to the task. This straight hair of mine won't curl without help of the chemical kind, and no way am I getting a perm again. So I just wore it down. Hey, when you decide to put together a costume on a few hours notice and on very little sleep...

Usually I'm not at all into Halloween. It's more of a nuisance. But I actually felt like doing something social besides work for once, and I even dragged Tim along (he went as himself in the present). And it was fun.

Maybe I'll work on another costume in the next year. Just in case I feel like doing something fun like that again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

It's mine. I sewed each and every one on myself, and I had a bit of a mullet as well. Are you still willing to acknowledge me as your brother?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

I sit here at the computer and listen almost daily to the Sirius Hair Nation 80's classic rock station (6023 on Dish). If you can live with the knowledge that our den is filled with the sounds of Rhino Bucket, Little Caesar, Killer Dwarves and Jackyl in addition to all of the above mentioned bands and still acknowledge me as your sister, I'm cool with all that.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I do hope that photos were taken of this.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home