Just Say 'No' To Doughnuts
Anybody else been in a carbohydrate loading mood? Must be because it's fall. Must...Fatten...Up...For...Winter. Last week I made pasta, pierogis, and went on a Cream of Wheat binge. I make it so thick, you can slice it like polenta. Oh yeah, I made polenta, too. Bread has been sounding mighty good lately, too. Then there are the coworkers who keep carpet-bombing the break room with Halloween candy, cupcakes, cookies and doughnut holes (It's not me this time!!). There's a 'secret' candy drawer in the Blood Bank department which has been full lately, too. I got into it last weekend and consequentially felt like crap for hours. I feel like I have a hangover when I eat sweets. I should know better. When that sugar crash hits, you have two choices: ride out the misery, or just reach for another piece of candy.
I just walked past a bag of mini-doughnuts. I stuck my tongue out at them and kept walking.


2 Comments:
Strangely, I've been surprising myself lately- I've been passing up sugar and carbs left and right. We've got a house full of Halloween candy and I haven't touched a single piece, nor any of the cupcakes around home or work. Normally, I'm fattening up this time of year for the upcoming Tunnel o' Darkness. I feel pretty darn good.
As well you should. Take advantage of the strength flowing through you, Padawan. Because the Dark Times are coming.
Post a Comment
<< Home