Random Thoughts
1. I turn on the TV to the Olympics this morning, and my first thought is 'Oh my God, curling AGAIN??' This is what I get for not working normal daytime hours and doing most of my TV watching between 7am and noon. And not bothering to invest in Tivo. Because all the exciting stuff is saved for prime time. For NORMAL people.
To bend my mind around the stupefying boredom that must have occurred to inspire this sport to be created....I just can't. Still, I found myself leaving it on as background noise, and then gradually finding myself watching it, and then getting actually intrigued. It seems to be a bit like pool, only with a lot more shouting. And the people curling are actually in good shape, if not downright buff. Must Google and learn more...
2. I had to close the window of the MSN Washington Post article on the Olympic women's figure skating finals in sheer disgust last night at lunch break at work. I couldn't read any more. They were ruminating on the millions of dollars in advertising that was poised to be unleashed for Sasha Cohen if she won the gold medal. Well, instead she got the crappy old silver. So that translated to $10 million per fall, by their calculations.
3. Civil war in Iraq? Say it ain't so. I never would have imagined such a thing. All over a bombed mosque. Still, that's the term they are throwing around on the news channels as a distinct possibility. You know, why don't we just make Iraq the 51st state right now. Because we bought this tumor and it looks like we're stuck with it. Forever.
4. I must say Matthew McConaughey is a real hotty. Every time I read an article about him, I am struck by a particular turn of phrase he uses to describe something. Good looking, good with words, AND likes to cook.
5. Ham and pineapple pizza liberally laced with hot Sriracha sauce and Sonny's barbecue sauce...yes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home