Merry Christmas to Me
In my defense, I have been thinking about getting one of these for months. But tonight, in my materialistic fever, I actually went so far as to take a nap and set a kitchen timer so I wouldn't miss the end of the eBay auction. With 45 seconds to go, I swooped in and pretty much stole the thing. Somebody somewhere is probably pissed. I just LOVE doing that! I'm still coming down from the adrenaline rush.
What am I going to do with it? Set it aside and have it made into a pendant some day. AND watch and see if the price of andesine labradorite goes utterly through the roof like I've heard rumors is going to happen. Even if it doesn't, it will still make a pretty pendant. People will probably think it's a ruby or garnet anyway.


2 Comments:
Cool! How big is it? Was it wrought with elven skill, or hewn from the bosom of Arda?
2.53 carats, a size even rare on the gemstone giant Jewelry Television. And there I would have paid at least twice what I did.
It was wrested from the roots of Caradhras by the dwarves, in Moria.
Post a Comment
<< Home