Wednesday, May 23, 2007

California Pics

It's been a very frustrating and depressing re-entry back into reality. And I only had to work two days this week! It's no fun finding out how much you still DON'T know about the instrument you just took an intense 10-day class on, and remembering what a chaotic nerve-wracking mess your workplace is. We're under the gun to go live with our new chemistry analyzers on June 11th. I don't know how in God's name we're going to be ready.

In the mean time, I am home taking vacation days I put in for way back in January before any of this came up. In fact, I and two of the other key operators who went for training have vacation days right now. No one told us we couldn't take them. Needless to say, no training is going to get done and no set-up is going to happen on our new instruments while we're gone. I feel guilty about having it so nice at home, but terrified to go back to work.

And this working/commuting in the daytime is for the flippin' birds!!! How the hell do normal people deal with that traffic every day? And there is just way, way too much sunlight. I've been longing for the darkness of the middle of the night, and my favorite, perfect light at predawn and dusk. I'm back to listening to my Joshua Bell weepy outrageously romantic violin CD again, and feeling like crying.

Got to straighten out my green beret and start acting like a soldier.

In the meantime, here is a pictorial account of What I Did In California. We were expressly forbidden to take any pics inside the Beckman-Coulter facility where our training instruments were, so this album is hardly representative of everything we did. This is just the extracurricular stuff.

What Happens In Anaheim Stays In Anaheim

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Looks very sunny and very California. Excellent documentation of the drinks & vittles!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home