I'm Home!!
I'm starting three loads of laundry (mostly my stuff), and just gave an insulin shot. I'm still in my bathrobe, but that's nothing unusual for 10am on a Saturday of my weekend off.
I need to throw on some exercise clothes and do some serious cardio this morning. I shudder to think what what my daily calorie intake was the last 12 days. Let's just say it was *far* greater than the output. I did do some stairs a couple of days (the hotel had 9 floors, and the stairwells served as my workout room, since the fitness center was usually full of sweaty guys and my key didn't work anyway).
Back to reality: not being waited on, or cleaned up after. No more nightly drinking and eating out and hot-tubbing with classmates. Breaking up cat fights, cleaning up cat puke,and a gallon of milk that expired 2 weeks ago, and is still sitting in a nearly empty fridge (Tim: 'Hey, you can take advantage of how empty the fridge is, and wipe down the shelves today!') and last night Tim showed me the leak under the kitchen cabinets in the basement. Lord only knows where the water is coming from, but I think we need to make a phone call to Karl. Who probably won't be best pleased either.
But if this is the worst someone has to come home to, life is still pretty damn good. Tim had a surprise picnic all set up down the basement (Whole Foods sandwiches and desserts, plus a nice bottle of Bogle Petite Syrah). So we ate our first meal in our new kitchen at 10pm last night.
I have a day and a half before I have to go in to work, so I can study my notes and workbook from class. Not sure what exactly I have to do once I get there. All I know is that I haven't worked the day shift in 16 years, so this is going to be really interesting. I'll be setting up stuff on the instrument I just spent 9 days learning how to run. And probably getting interrogated by my coworkers on everything I did in California *BG*
I'll probably have a link to an picture album shortly. As for the last 2 weeks: I had no idea I'd have as fantastic a time as I did. I feel like I've briefly been back to college. The classes and labs were an intense experience, but our free time was just as intense seeing new sights and bonding with new people. I learned a lot in class, and at this point (ask me again in a couple weeks *G*!!) I actually am convinced I possess everything I need to adequately train my coworkers. The next few months are going to be rough at work, but we'll get through it the same way we've gotten through everything else. I've got some new friends to call if I find myself in a jam. And a lot of new e-mail addies to add to the address book.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home