Back To My World
I'm back on the bench starting tonight. Although my official training sessions are over, it's going to continue to go on and on. I'll be the blind leading the blind for weeks and months to come. Or I'll be calling my counterpart Carrie, who was with me in CA for our DxC600i class. 'HELP!!!!!' She really picked up this crap well, and she had the added benefit of working more closely with her Coulter rep to get another campus's instrument set up.
I'm just glad to be commuting at my usual nighttime hours again. I had a couple of strange shifts this last week where I got out at 2am, so I was partially back in my own time zone. The lack of cars, the darkness, the full moon sailing in a humid May sky...this is what I've been craving. That, and showing up for work and actually being sure of what I'm doing. That's always a nice thing.
Someone called in 'sick' on third yesterday. So I could have worked a double shift last night (a regular bench shift after training for 8 hours). I made a half-hearted offer to stay, but they had partial coverage already. It shouldn't have been a big surprise, since this person likes to do this with some frequency and it coincidentally was at the beginning of yet another one of her vacations. Bitch. While I was training this particular person, all I could do was shake my head. She was more worried about finishing up the session by lunchtime, and she kept running off to do other things in the lab. But when she pulled out an emory board to file a broken nail when I was explaining something, that was the kicker. I could laugh and say this is sooooooo not my problem. But unfortunately it is my problem, because she's on my shift. She'd better be as smart/quick on the uptake as she claims she is when it's her turn to run the Chemistry department.
Sadly, I gave up my Godsmack concert ticket for the show last night. At the time I planned it with a coworker/friend months ago, none of this new instrument crap had reared its ugly head. I made a half-hearted attempt to get rid of/trade my training sessions for yesterday. But didn't. So right now I'm cranking 'Godsmack IV' really loud on the stereo. I hope it was a good show.
Got Karl's bill this morning for all the tile work done by Sean. It's quite fair, but still a big 'Ouch'. That should be the last big expense for that whole saga.
Current music: Godsmack 'One Rainy Day'


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home