I Miss Grandma
I've got a real stumper of a stain on the carpet. Lilly pollen. Who would have thought that stuff would leave such a shocking yellow stain on the berber. Pet stain remover hasn't budged it, nor has dish soap. Yes, one drawback of my brilliant life in which I regularly get flowers from hubby is carrying the dead ones out to be tossed. A wayward anther must of dropped off and gotten squished on the carpet. I've got salt sitting on it right now (*shrugs* it's worth a try). I've gone on line trying to find a solution.
Grandma Zucker probably would have figured out how to get that out. She was the queen of getting stains out of things. She'd regularly bring home garbage bags full of donated clothes from Bethesda and wash all of them, hunched over one or another particular stubborn spot, scrubbing and dabbing.
And Bavarian Festival is probably starting this weekend in Frankenmuth. She didn't do it any more the last few years of her life, but she'd always host a big spread the day of the Sunday parade. I am seriously craving a nice, charred snappy bratwurst grilled in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard right about now. And oompah music.


3 Comments:
And three other kinds of meat with it. And salmon dip.
Our ancient family recipe for stains like that is to call Stanley Steemer.
I'd say salt or baking soda is the best bet. There's a scientific term, I'm sure, for how they absorb stuff.
How about some creamed onions? Or the three-compartment mustard caddy for your bratwurst? I need to figure out how to make German potato salad properly.
Post a Comment
<< Home