Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy July 4th

A vacation in summer is...

---picking sweet cherries. Lots of them. Jumping to get the high ones. Climbing the tree to get the clusters of really good ones.

---running up an incredibly tall sand dune and racing an 11, 12 and 6-year-old along the top of it.

---eating a drippy, messy cherry turnover at a roadside fruit market. And eating whatever else strikes my fancy all day long.

---going to bed at 830 pm if I feel like it.

---watching windsurfers play in the curling waves on Lake Michigan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Glad it was good for ya. Eagerly looking forward to more of the same with you guys in a month.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Mister Orange said...

I need to ditch this whole "work" thing and get with the program.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Amen brother. Hell, it would be monumental if I could get home nights.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

Hey, I'm only snatching what I can right now. And I've looked forward to this a long time. Next Monday, it's back to business as usual.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home