A Small, Light Romantic Dinner For Two
I've been wanting barbecued ribs since early March (the last time I had them...and those were takeout from a restaurant). So today, Tim delivered. He dry rubbed three racks (that's the smallest package I could get at the store!), smoked them for over 4 hours, then mopped them with sauce and finished them on the grill, so the sauce got all caramelized and baked in. I won't have to cook for days. While he was going to all this trouble to have the smoker going all afternoon, he put on a couple chickens, too. So we have smoked chickens to enjoy in salads, sandwiches and soup in the coming week. Tim delivered a half rack of ribs over to an interested neighbor, and we still have plenty left over. I looooooove leftovers.
I made coleslaw sort of like Paula Deen's on Food Network, only I didn't fry the ramen noodles in an assload of butter, and I didn't add all the oil to the dressing like in her recipe. Good Lord, that woman is the queen of saturated fat. I threw in some red bell pepper, soy nuts, and pepitas. And I made a simple, straightforward mustard potato salad. I forgot to look for corn on the cob at the stores the last few days, so we just heated up some loose kernels from the freezer.
To drink with it: Lucid Kolsch from New Holland Brewing Co. Now I'm sipping some of our homemade Petite Merde Transverse Brown Ale.
What's for dessert? Surprisingly I made nothing. Thought about making ice cream last weekend, but never did. We have dessert less and less these days. But I'm thinking a dish of sherbet in a few minutes might be the perfect thing to top all this off.


2 Comments:
I can smell the smoke all the way over here.
I find that the Petite Merde is aging wonderfully. A most delightful beer.
If you've got any barbecued meat left over, you'll be wanting to shred it up and make little sandwiches with fresh biscuits in the middle of the night.
Post a Comment
<< Home