Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December 1st









The cranberry scone recipe: I was visiting my sister-in-law Lindsey's blog Material Lust, and followed one of her favorite links and found it here at Design Sponge. I saw it and had to make them immediately. Didn't have any buttermilk in the house, but I had a little heavy cream to use up, and along with a smidge of vinegar worked just fine. They're way frigging good on a cold morning (16F).

Also today Tim and I are going to Grand Rapids to see Trans Siberian Orchestra. Everyone we've talked to who has seen them says it's a fantastic show.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger I Have To Have It said...

That's too funny--I made those too! They tasted great, but didn't looked anything like yours--they looked like flat cookies and there was no way on earth I could have rolled out the dough at all. So what trick did you do that I didn't?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

I didn't use a rolling pin at all. I just used my hands and pushed it into shape. And I only did the spice-dusting and folding 3 times. Then I just shaped it into a thick circle and cut it into wedges with my big chef knife.

Also I used the whole egg to brush them with. I'll never get around to using a leftover egg yolk in the fridge. It will dry up/rot!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home