Recent Things
Here it is 8 days past Thanksgiving, and I haven't posted any food pics. Tim and I had a nice dinner just by ourselves, since I had to work that night. We went heavy on the vegetables this time. We had some repeat dishes: an acorn squash with autumn vegetables, white beans and pistou; sweet potato pie with three-nut topping, a favorite for years; cranberry sauce two ways (Tim had to have a cranberry smackdown with himself this year :(. He made the usual raw version with fresh cranberries and oranges, and he made a cooked version with port wine and cinnamon, which we decided we absolutely loved in spite of it being an Emeril recipe). And he made a caramelized onion and chestnut dressing. He made a simple turkey breast for the main dish.

Then we had a big Thanksgiving feast at Scott and Ann's the following Saturday. Game hens, duck, and all the side dishes. Yes, I should have taken more people pics...
Here's the goat cheese red grape and almond pizza I concocted to bring:
We also were good little consumers and bought new furniture. It was delivered on Black Friday. If it wasn't for Tim's insistence, we'd still have the tattered, nearly 20-year old couch that was down the basement. I was fine with it, and I didn't want the hassle with obnoxious pushy salespeople and the expense, but...we found a leather couch/loveseat combo we both really liked. And the furniture store experience was not bad at all. I have to admit it does look pretty nice down in the Moosewood Lodge. The only bad thing about leather furniture is that it's cold on the back. Throws and blankets and pillows become necessary.
And it has also snowed quite a few times already in the last few weeks.
Timmeh's done plenty of shoveling already this year. And the red thing is the collapsed inflatable Homey. No Christmas tree up yet, but we're getting there with the decorating.
Now, I need to take my chocolate fruit cake out of the oven, and go out in the garage and work on stuffing those window boxes with branches. And then take my sick self to bed. Oh yeah----I actually caught a cold. A real one, not the imaginary ones I think I'm getting for a day or so, and then disappear. I can't even tell you the last time I had an actual cold. I think I've forgotten how to be sick. What do I take? What do I do to make this stop? How long is this going to last? I don't like it. Wah! Wah!


1 Comments:
Good food, good furniture, good family, good snow. It actually got down into the 20's once here already. I miss the Moosewood Lodge, Bar& Grill. I think I would like to cook down there.
Post a Comment
<< Home