Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thanks For Nothing

While we are not in favor of this 787 Billion dollar madness, it's looking more and more like Timmeh and I are not going to see one dollar of it (except to watch it departing from our paychecks). For us to see it return, we would need to be unemployed (increases in employment checks and length of benefits. But I personally would rather work at Micky D's again than be unemployed), or make slightly less than what we earn (income tax refund increases).

Oh, and the rumored rebate for buying a vehicle from a struggling U.S. automaker? I heard on CNN the other day that got voted out of the plan.

So, those of us who have paid all our bills on time, put in our time to get decent-paying middle-income jobs, worked to get excellent credit ratings, bought from local/domestic businesses and actually engaged in increasing our savings accounts will continue to sit in the shadows unnoticed. Fine. No problem. We'll be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home