Random Blatherings
---I witnessed a temperature of -12 F on my truck thermometer this morning on the drive home from work. That is MINUS double digits. I have not seen that in 5 years. It hurts us, preciousss...

---Surfing channels, and happened to see this being sold. For actual money. One of the most hideous pieces of jewelry I've ever seen in my entire jewelry-shopping life.
---Toasted marshmallows. Very dark, not quite burnt. Yep, that was the hit-the-sweet-spot-right-on food this morning.
---Did I mention our cooking class at Tapawingo got cancelled? They called the Monday before last, and informed us they are closing everything until possibly April. We went up north anyway, and spent the entire weekend with friends in Grayling, rather than the previously planned few hour visit. Highbrow food with complete strangers, or lowbrow burgers on the grill, Pizza Hut $5 pepperoni pizzas and beer with old friends...? This should be a no-brainer.
---However, a kind coworker tipped me off about cooking classes at another up north restaurant, the Walloon Lake Inn. We've never eaten there ourselves, but it was a long-time favorite of my mom and dad's while on their camping trips in that area. We are going to try to book something in May, for our anniversary. There will be morel mushrooms, so the website says.
---I had plans of taking down the Christmas tree today. I really did. It's time. Mostly what I feel like doing is turning it on and looking at it a while, and then crawling into a flannel-sheeted bed.


2 Comments:
Agreed. That is one hideous piece o' jewelry.
Coral + rubies together = Icky. Ends up being orange and pink.
Post a Comment
<< Home