Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sweet Relief

I'm pretty sure it's not a 'tuuuumah'. I've ruled out a blood clot with self-lab tests (sometimes it is soooo great to work in a large hospital lab...paranoia and self-diagnosis are exponentially faster). Stress fracture? Still a remote possibility. But getting more remote every hour.

What am I so relieved about? My right shin which has burned like fresh hell every time I walk more than approximately 20 feet or so for the last week. Must have pulled something in our enthusiasm to get outside in the warm spring weather and start doing our long road walks again. I've had shin-splints before. This was beyond shin-splint.

After a week of taping, icing, avoiding walking and popping ibuprofen like M&M's, I think I've turned the corner today.

Staying home from work? Umm, no. Too late, and not an option over the weekend. Calling for a doctor's appointment? Ummm, no again. By the time I would get in to be seen, it will probably be time for my annual physical in a few weeks. Then I can 'splain it all, along with my other health short stories from the last year to Dr. S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home