Saturday, December 30, 2006

Stollen



Grandma always baked her stollen in a can. I don't know how this 'tradition' started, she just always did. In fact, I use one of THE cans she used.



2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

Look at that color! I think I'm going to try candying my own citrus peel and using dried blueberries, cherries and currants next year. I'll probably never make it the same twice.
Did you wear the Bavarian Inn uniform when you sliced it?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

Oh you're right, that tight orange polyester dirdle would have made it all just perfect. That, and 2 or 3 busloads of blue-haired little old ladies telling me to hurry up before their bus left.

I confess the color is from the only artificially candied thing in there: the candied cherries. But the orange peels I did, and they turned out extra thick, moist and chewy this year.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home