NaCl
One of the things I asked for this Christmas was some fleur-de-sel or other weird culinary salts. Well, I got them. Tim gave me fleur-de-sel, French gray sea salt, Hawaiian black salt, Hawaiian red salt, and Himalayan pink salt.
I can start sprinkling and tasting and experimenting, but does anyone have any fun ideas how to use all this stuff? Chris or Bryan, any interesting applications come to mind?


3 Comments:
Bake or purchase some good, crusty bread. On a plate (or all over your kitchen island) pool some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle some highfalutin salt in there and enjoy. Keep going until it's all gone. Rehydrate yourself with wine.
Oooh, thank you. Sounds good. Could be an appetizer for the steaks Tim is talking about doing this weekend (your last blog entry got him started thinking about massive marbly hunks o' cow).
Keep your gourmet salts on the table when you eat your steaks. A wee bit of good, coarse salt on beef is simple, carnivorous bliss.
Post a Comment
<< Home