I Need New Clothes
Immediately.
I think I went through something like this last spring. All of a sudden I hate almost everything in my closet/drawers. I truly dress like a frump most of the time. Today I noticed my already ill-fitting straight-legged high-waisted jeans were getting baggy. And I can't stand it. Sometimes I would love to be one of those women on those makeover shows where she's got someone to tell her what clothes look good on her, someone to redo her hair, and someone to show her how to put on makeup. Because I need help with every one of those areas.
The timing of this urge couldn't be better. We put half down on a pair of French doors on Friday, and put half down on 1200 square feet of slate tile today. Karl is going to need another check this week. Money is pouring out of every orifice, but Kathy wants to go out and shop for clothes. Brilliant!!
To my credit, I haven't bought myself one single bauble in months. But suddenly it's forget the baubles, give me low-waisted jeans (that fit properly), form-fitting tops, *anything* besides frowzy old sweatshirts or scrubs.
Suede pants. Hip-slung belts. Lower necklines. Cut-out blouses. Push-up bras.
*gets grip on self*
Oh yeah, and a few pairs of shoes would be nice, too. With high heels.


1 Comments:
I've been purchasing a lot of new clothes lately myself.... more out of sheer necessity though. You should try maternity pants... they stretch to accomodate large meals. Wait.... maybe you didn't need to know that! ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home