Friday, July 06, 2007

Angst, Part Two

Today is the 20th anniversary of me having the same job.

20 years ago today, I began my year-long internship to become a Medical Technologist. I and my 5 other classmates didn't know each other, and had no idea what to expect of the coming year.

Two decades in the same job seems to be quite a feat nowadays. Yet my job has changed around me so much, I almost feel like I've had several jobs in that time. What started out as a job in a mid-sized hospital on the east side of Flint has now turned into a job at a large teaching hospital under the umbrella of a large national health care corporation. Yet I've gotten regular paychecks every two weeks the entire time without ever quitting or submitting a resume.

I could very well possibly one day retire from my same job. Another amazing feat in this day and age. I've been there so long now, I'm known as one of the old-timers. And I'm paid so well it would be idiotic to leave and start over somewhere else.

On a completely unrelated topic: people like me should not try to order clothing from Victoria's Secret. Hottie I may have been dubbed, but the sizes there are not conducive to 40-something well-endowed ladies. I'm sure it would have made a hysterical You-Tube video to see me taking measurements with a piece of kitchen string today. And taking them again to be sure those were really the numbers I came up with. Reality check, Katherine! Be optimistic. Just not *THAT* optimistic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Happy anniversary. Twenty years is no small thing. I forgot you've been there that long.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home