Monday, February 18, 2008

Snickers Bar in Cake Form



I tried a new cake recipe to bring to a work potluck last week Valentine's Day. It was crazy good. It was 'I need a glass of milk' good.

Food & Wine link



I think the meringue layer is only there to hold the peanuts in place, and add more nut flavor. Not sure why the recipe called for almonds when it's clearly a peanut thing all the way through. So I used peanuts in the meringue. And it's obviously going to absorb moisture from the cake layers, so it will not stay crispy. It kind of vanished in there.



As is typical with so many cake recipes I've seen, the amount of frosting called for is complete BS. I think I would double the milk chocolate ganache next time to allow for adequate coverage. I barely had enough to cover the cake, let alone resemble the thickly covered porno shot in the magazine. I suspect they may have whipped the ganache, or just used more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger eretria said...

So. When will my care-package arrive?

;o)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home