Friday, March 28, 2008

Can We PLEASE See The End Of This @#$%&$! Winter??



Me shoveling what fell on Good Friday.



What fell yesterday and overnight. *checks calendar* Yep, March 28th. If this keeps up, Chris and Lindsey, you may see snow after all when you visit.





What I did last night on the way to work. How? Idiotically reaching back for my purse to get my phone to call Tim to warn him about--guess what--the bad roads. I managed to not do a doughnut in the middle of M59, or hit anything in the oncoming lane. I banked off a guardrail, and if the guardrail hadn't been there I would have been down a small hill and in someone's back yard. I guess a little scraped up paint and trim is a pretty cheap but effective warning to not take your eyes off the road or both hands off the wheel even in good driving conditions.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Geez- glad you're ok. Nothing like that jolt of adrenaline to focus one's attention, eh?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

Oh, yeah. Definitely. That and the chorus of 'Stupid, stupid, stupid...!!!!' in my head. Fortunately the place I chose to do this was a point in the road where thankfully there was a turn lane between me and oncoming traffic, so I had spare room for my little Ice-Capade.

2:22 AM  
Blogger eretria said...

Jesus. You sure you're okay?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

Totally OK. Rattled my teeth in their sockets, and briefly rattled my nerves, but everything's OK.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home