Saturday, March 22, 2008

'White' Pizza



Yes, I know. Pizza again. But I just love making/photographing pizzas. In fact, a large glossy coffee-table type book completely devoted to pizzas would make perfect sense to me.

I couldn't think of a nicer way to enjoy a snowy evening. An evening I didn't have to go out in it and drive to work. Me and my bottle of Ugni Blanc/Viognier...





No tomato sauce. A partial whole wheat crust I retarded in the fridge for about 30 hours, ricotta, a smidge of leftover sour cream, leftover sliced Provolone from our party a couple weeks ago (this really browns up nicely), feta, fresh mozzarella, sauteed 'shrooms, a few marinated artichokes, lightly browned sweet onions and a grating of Parmesan. And a dusting of freshly ground fennel seeds and red pepper flakes.

I think next time I'll drain the ricotta over cheesecloth or a coffee filter like yogurt to get rid of some of the moisture. Or maybe use less. These pizzas were slightly waterlogged in the center. But still good overall.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

A very handsome pizza indeed, and a heck of a good looking peel.

I can't even remember the last time I put tomato sauce on a pizza.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home