Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What The World Needed

Frankenmuth: A Guide to Michigan's Little Bavaria

I had heard this was coming some time ago. When mom sent me this newspaper clipping, I was vastly amused.

After some thought, there really isn't much to say. Other than here is additional confirmation of what we've suspected for years: Frankenmuth is surrounded by a force field (All together now, sing it with me: 'A Mighty Fortress is Our God. A Trusty Shield and Weapon..') that keeps out bedbugs, crime, 'dives', and other assorted social ills and filth.

This article contains some hard etomological facts, for anyone curious (and not too squeamish).

I do know Frankenmuth has (or had) cockroaches. I too worked at the Bavarian Inn around the same time as the author, and witnessed some pretty impressive specimens in the basement.

To be fair, I still consider Frankenmuth my second home town. We still have lots of friends and relatives in that area. And we are going to play tourist there this very weekend at the Beer World Expo. No guidebook needed for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I too find it odd that one never hears a word about the violence of the sausage cartel, the despair of the sauerkraut addicts, the beer spilled in the streets... someone must speak out.
Sample every single beer at the Expo for me.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

One has to wonder if the residents actually enjoy Willi and Munchie and the boys ridin' dirty every day, the used Hubbard squashes in the alleys, not to mention the dealings of the late Wally Bronner and his followers. Lands' sakes!!!!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home