Fashion Questions
Umm, what the heck is going on with clothes this year?
It could be just me (age/fuddy-duddyism), or maybe it's just the Chadwick's catalog (I've had plenty of chances to peruse their stuff, since when you order one item, you get one sent to you nearly daily). Or are these just the hot new trends this year?
If it's the latter, then I'm OK with it. Because that means they'll soon go away and be forgotten.
What am I talking about? Things puckered or gathered in strange places. Unflattering shapes and 'Trapeze' dresses. Listen: any item with the term 'trapeze' in it should invoke anything but a desire to clothe yourself with it. Nightmarish, hangover or drug-induced patterns and prints. Dolly (dolly?!) dresses. Smocks. Ruffle front blouses. Things in bold colors with white trim.
I survived the 70's, thank you very much. And I wonder if I still gravitate toward nothing but solids because I was traumatized as a child by being dragged through the old Sears store to find clothes and walking down aisle after aisle of hellish polyester prints. And I am an adult. I really have no wish to look like a dolly or a little girl. Nor do I want to look like an aging lady with a lot to hide.
It's jeans and sweatshirts forever, I guess.


3 Comments:
But they do have some very fine evening/special occasion dresses ...
Yes, there are some cute things and stylish dresses in there. But then you turn the page and 'bleaaaahhhh!!'. Like they are trying to appeal to several divergent groups of shoppers at once.
Are you trying to tell me you don't like the loud colours and the wonderfully 70s and 80s styles?
Behind your cane, grandma, and wear your fourties with style: In grey and black and two sizes too big!
(;o))
Post a Comment
<< Home