Pity Party
I don't know what the hell is wrong with me sometimes. I'm tempted to blame hormones on the whole thing, because it doesn't make sense any other way. I have a good life with no major problems and yet sometimes I go into this funk where I feel dull and useless and hopeless and directionless. I'm getting old. Look at all these wrinkles and gray hair. Yep, more than last year. No! Don't think about last year! When you were pretty and hot and there was sooooooooooo much excitement going on. What have I done with my life? Didn't have kids, so hey, where's all your familiar life landmarks now? What the hell's your purpose in life if you didn't contribute to the next generation? What the hell are you doing for anyone other than yourself? Everything is dull. Dullsville. Dull City. Dull Nation. Dull planet. Dull universe. So ya got denied vacation time at work this summer? Unfair. Unjust. Dammit. I'll be shackled to this damn job for frigging ever. I'm too old to be young and too young to be old. Just like 'Fried Green Tomatoes'.
I think I'm over it now. I think.
*Pours another glass of wine*


5 Comments:
What do you mean, when you WERE pretty and WERE hot? Do you remember the pink tank top? Do you remember the pictures with the cookies? You look better than I do, cleavage-wise, and I'm a little over ten years younger. So, really.
But, if you want excitement, I could send a mouse to your house - I'm sure the cats would love it. And, heck, you can be aunt again. All the excitement, much less of a hassle. ;o)
Yeah, I know. It'll all seem like BS another day. Damn hormones. I think a couple more days like today (warm and sunshiny) will do wonders for everyone's outlook on life. All the snow is finally melted and the little frogs are peeping out in the woods. It will be tank top weather soon!
That means it'll be "whoa Mama" Kathy weather soon.
Don't worry. We all have days like this. The good thing, however? They pass. And even if you were wrinkly and not hot, I'd still love you. I'm funny that way.
2007 was a rather action-packed year compared (so far) to 2008. Maybe that's what is making me a little pouty. I should remember all things happen for a good reason and in their own good time.
Keep spreadin' on the butter, honey *G*. Wanna grow old with me??? We'll keep each other's egos in good shape.
Uh oh, someone forgot to take their medication.
Post a Comment
<< Home