Sunday, May 25, 2008

Seeing Red

But in a good way. I decided to deviate from my usual pink and purple, and do all the outdoor flowers this summer in red. The brighter, more optically-pummeling shades of red, the better. The camera doesn't quite do these justice. I seem to have shaken off the winter/late spring gray blahs finally, and am feeling very red these days. And maybe this will help the Redwings bring the Stanley Cup back home to Detroit this week!



The instant I saw a hanging basket of this particular shade of red geranium, it made me happy. I bought it. And found a few more of the same plant to put in our containers on the porch and patio.



It's called Nemesia, but I think it looks like a little orchid. I was delighted to find that it comes in red.



If all goes well, and I keep the Miracle-Gro flowing, we should have cascades of these wave petunias from the window boxes and containers in a month or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger eretria said...

That's a gorgeous, gorgeous colour. Will you take pictures of them when they're all big a bushy? This'll look fantastic in your kitchen window boxes.

And aren't Nemesias just pretty? I think they come in various colours, because ours are yellow, and they grow forever if you treat them right.

Yay for gardening!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home