Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Good Weekend



We've got flowers!



And we've got a radon mitigation system. That's the fan on the outside of the house. Not the prettiest thing, but once the lilacs leaf out, it should be concealed.



Cinnamon rolls. But believe it or not, these weren't for eating. These were taken to work to be judged in a bake-off contest Monday among the lab employees. What's the occasion? Lab Week festivities. Much as I bitch about work and the anonymity of my fellow professionals, we actually get an entire week of the year devoted to us: National Laboratory Medical Professionals Week.



Tim's blue cheese and applewood smoked bacon burger at Zingerman's Roadhouse. Which he split with me.



My fried chicken salad (yes, the fried chicken thing showed up again. It's currently competing with a serious peanut butter thing). I mostly/sort of/kind of split it with Tim. It was also garnished with Nueske's applewood smoked bacon. We also had a side of mac and cheese, but the pic of that wasn't especially wonderful.



I was asked yesterday: 'Where are your toe rings?' Where indeed? Still tossed in my jewelry box. Since it's now warm enough to go barefoot, time to put them on. Note the grass which is actually partially green.



The new bauble from Tim. I usually don't give a hoot if a piece has a designer's name on it or not, but this one does. It's a Judith Ripka. Me, I just like the rope border details, the heavy sterling silver, the prasiolite and the champagne diamonds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Is there a National Baker's Week?

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home